You can move an unregistered vehicle from one location to another inside Alberta or to another Province, however, you must first provide proof of ownership, proof of valid insurance, and a description of the vehicle including the make, year and serial number.
Inside Alberta a permit can be issued for the following reasons and lengths of time:
- Move from point A to point B: 3 days
- Inspection purposes: 7 days
- Mechanical servicing: 7 days
- Demonstration for the purpose of selling: 7 days
- Move from point A to point B: 7 days
To obtain an In Transit Permit you must visit our office in person.