top of page




Obtaining a vehicle licence is a time-consuming process. Registrations Are Us in Edmonton can help you tackle the licence test in a hassle-free manner. If you are 14 years old or more, you are eligible to write a test for your learner’s permit and no appointment is necessary. If you are an adolescent under 18 years of age, you must bring your guardian or parent to sign parental consent in front of a registry clerk so that all your information is verified. Before you purchase a permit to take a knowledge test you are required to provide your satisfactory identification. This can include birth certificates or passports if you are from Canada. For non-Canadians, a foreign passport or Canadian citizenship card will be sufficient. We also require your Canada entry documents, including work permit, study permits, visitor record and permanent residence card.


We are now taking bookings for passenger vehicle Road Testing. Starting on January 5, 2021 passenger vehicle roads tests ( Class 4-6) will be delivered by private driver examiners through our registry. You can either book your road test online via Road Test Booking link or come in and we will assist you in booking your appointment.

Accepted Documents for Proof of Residency

If you are over the age of 18, it is compulsory for you to submit proof of residency in Alberta. Some of the documents accepted are:

  • Credit card or bank statements which are less than 90 days old
  • A house rental agreement from a third party property management company
  • Land or property assessment documents in your name
  • Letter of employment from an Alberta-based company – the letter cannot be accepted if over 15 days old
  • Personal tax assessment – it should be the most recent and issued by Canada
  • Mobile phone bills received by Canada Post

What Is Knowledge Testing?

In order to get your vehicle licence, you are required to take an exam on our computer. All the questions involve multiple choices. The test is conducted in our office, during our regular office hours. Appointments are not required and exams are taken on a first come first serve basis.

Who Is Eligible for Oral Driver’s Knowledge Test?

Our company provides oral and audio-translated knowledge test to customers who:

  • Who cannot speak English.
  • Find difficulty in understanding the written test.
  • Are suffering from any medical condition.

Translated Knowledge Tests

Registrations Are Us provides two types of oral translated knowledge tests:

A. Full Translation in a Language Other Than English.

This is only available to individuals who have applied for a licence which is a class 3, 6 or 7. The requirements required to become a translator for knowledge test are that the individual should have translator identification number (TIN) and should be a registry agent employee. He or she should also be currently certified or accredited translators from:

  • Alberta Court Interpreters Association
  • The Alberta Chapter of Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (ACRID)
  • Deaf and Hard of Hearing Society
  • The Association of Translators and Interpreters of Alberta
  • Canadian Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters Council (CTTIC)
  • The Association of Visual Language Interpreters of Southern Alberta (AVLISA)
  • Centralized Interpreter Services (CIS) – Edmonton area only
  • International Federation of Translators

Documents Which Are Not Accepted for Translation

Types of document not accepted are:

  • Letter from the Immigration Refugee Board
  • Letter from an owner of a driver training school
  • A relative or employer of the applicant
  • An individual who is not certified to the above-listed entitlements

B. English-assisted Test

Our company staff is certified to complete all English-assisted tests. Get in touch with us to learn more about our services.



Registrations Are Us also provides road testing services via our Booking link or call 780 448 2233 At the time of bookings, the fee should be paid in person or online in full settlement. When you receive the road test permit, we can arrange to have you tested based on the availability. We provide fast and easy booking and check-in. Some of the issues associated with the eligibility to undertake an Alberta road test are age, reinstatement conditions, unpaid fines, medical conditions, guardian consent, proper documentation and condition codes.




You can either bring your vehicle, or we can rent you a late model Toyota Corolla with automatic transmission. If booking online, contact us to check availability of the rental and arrive 45 minutes early to check-in and pay. The safety standards required by a vehicle are:

  • Working brake lights, headlights and signal lights

  • Working horns

  • Working speedometer

  • Brakes should be in great condition

  • Quality windshields

  • Working seat belts

  • Steering should be steady

  • Exhaust systems should not be leaky

  • Adequate side and rear view mirrors

  • Enough fuel for 60 min road test.

  • Current registration and insurance documents

Conditions for Reinstatement

Every interested candidate must be eligible to take their class 5 road test as a reinstatement condition. Before you reserve and pay for your road test online, ensure first that you are eligible, to prevent the forfeiture of your fees. Here are some helpful sites to confirm your eligibility:

What Are the Benefits of Having a Class 5 GDL Exit Road Test?

One of the main reasons why you should take the GDL exit road test is demerit accumulations. If you have a non-GDL class 5 licence, it will not be suspended after accumulating 15 demerit points, while a class 5 GDL licence is restricted to 8 demerit points. A class 5 non-GDL licence holder is allowed a .05% blood alcohol level before a suspension may occur. Another advantage of class 5 GDL road test is that you are eligible to upgrade your class from class 1 to class 4. Another advantage is that you can improve your professional driving as well as look for more career opportunities by upgrading your licence.


In order to take the class 5 GDL exit road test, you must hold a class 5 GDL licence for at least 2 continuous years.
Your eligibility for the test can be affected if you hold any previous suspension.

Driver’s Handbooks

You can download the following handbooks for all classes:

bottom of page