At Registrations Are Us we specially cater to Commercial Vehicle Fleets

Registrations Are Us has a dedicated team with years of experience to provide services for commercial fleets and business vehicles. We service many of the largest fleets with excellence. Below you will find some valuable information in regards to Commercial Vehicles.

Permanent Fleet Program: Your business may qualify for the permanent fleet program, your fleet must have 10 or more commercial vehicles registered at all times.

Qualifying fleets:

  • Have the option to register / renew your vehicles quarterly, semiannually or annually
  • You may group specific vehicles into separate fleets and have each fleet expire at different periods

The following do not qualify for the fleet program:

  • Non-commercial vehicle registration plate classes
  • ProRated vehicles trailers – excludes commercially registered trailers
  • Dealers

Alberta Registries is responsible for approving your applicant fleet status. Contact Registrations Are Us fleet specialist for more details.

If a motor vehicle is used for any purpose other than personal use, which includes pleasure, and to and from work, a commercial licence plate will be required. There are a number of different commercial plates based on use of vehicle, passenger capacity, territory of use, and gross vehicle weight (GVW) of the vehicle. Our staff will be able to identify the commercial class of licence plate that you require based on the above factors.

You are required to provide us with the estimated GVW of your vehicle. The GVW includes the curb weight (vehicle when empty) plus fuel, passengers, cargo, and trailer tongue weight.

Important Notes for All Commercial Vehicles with a GVW Over 11,794 KG or Passenger Capacity of 11 or More Including the Driver:

If the vehicle is over 11,794 kg or has a passenger capacity of 11 or more including the driver, you will be required to obtain a Safety Fitness Certificate and a Commercial Vehicle Inspection.

Safety Fitness Certificate

To obtain a Safety Fitness Certificate you must first register the vehicle and we will issue a temporary 60 day Safety Fitness Certificate. We will provide you with an Application for a Safety Fitness Certificate, which must be completed and sent to Alberta Transportation, who reviews the application and issues the permanent certificate.

Commercial Vehicle Inspection

Completion of a Commercial Vehicle Inspection is required as part of the process to obtain the Safety Fitness Certificate. The Commercial Vehicle Inspection must be completed by an approved inspection facility. To locate an approved facility near you click on the approved inspection facility link and select commercial inspection. The approved facilities stock all necessary forms, and they will notify Alberta Transportation directly when the inspection has been completed.



All ProRate Permits are must be approved by Alberta Transportation Permits & ProRate, before we are able to issue any documents.

You must submit all required information to Alberta Transportation first then visit our office in-person and present your MVID number, Fleet number, and Supplement number.

We will confirm your ProRate Status online, and once confirmed we will process and issue the required documents.

ProRate Fees are determined by Alberta Transportation and must be paid in our office in order to receive your documents.

For more information please contact our office or visit Alberta Transportation Online.