What You Need to Renew Your Vehicle Registration
- Your vehicle registration renewal form that was mailed to you, previous vehicle registration, or licence plate number
- Proof of valid Alberta liability insurance (current pink card in the same name(s) that appears on the vehicle registration)
- One Government of Alberta acceptable piece of photo identification or support document
- Your odometer reading (optional)
Your insurance must provide public liability and property damage coverage under an owner’s automobile insurance policy as provided for in the Alberta Insurance Act.
It is an offense punishable by law to apply for or obtain registration of a motor vehicle when it is not insured, or to operate an uninsured.
To get the expiry month of your vehicle(s), find the first letter of your last name
on the right side of the table below; the expiry month is to the left.
- Some last names require the first two letters.
|Expiry Month||Last Name Begins With|
|January||A (not Av), I, J, Ke, U, X, or Company #|
|February||M (not Me) or Q|
|March||B (not Be) or Y|
|April||D or G (not Gr)|
|May||C (not Cl) or N|
|June||Cl, H or Sc|
|July||Av, Be, L, Sz, V or Z|
|August||E, Gr or R|
|September||F, Po or T|
|October||S (not Sc or Sz)|
|November||K or P (not Ke or Po)|
|December||Me, O or W|
Support the War Amps