- The first priority of health care professionals is to save lives. Your choice to be a donor does not affect the quality of life-saving medical care you receive.
- Everyone has the potential to be an organ and/or tissue donor, though you must be at least 18 years of age to register your consent to donate.
- There will never be any cost to your family or estate if you donate organs or tissue.
- Organ and tissue recovery will only happen after every effort has been made to save your life.
- Organ and tissue donation should not affect preferred funeral arrangements.
- More than 4,500 Canadians, including more than 500 Albertans, are on the wait list for an organ transplant.
- It is important to share your organ donation wishes with your loved ones.
Bring this completed and signed consent form to Registrations Are Us, or complete the form with one of our registry agents.